Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I protect myself from viruses coming from limewire?

Just would like to know from you guys that is haviing limewire okay, and how do i protect myself from people looking at my files without me knowing and how do i protect myslef from viruses being attached to a file .



Thanks, if you could answer this it would really help.



How do I protect myself from viruses coming from limewire?antivirus scan



So...



1. Limewire is legal, but what you do with it could not be (downloading programs, softwares, music)



2. You can still get virus from movies and music, it is not just programs



3. Turn off all the uploading options



4. get a virus protection software (norton, mcafee...etc)



good luck!



PS: need more help, email me



How do I protect myself from viruses coming from limewire?computer security



I fully agree with big mal.
Limewire is a virus hotbed, so you must protect yourself as much as possible. Make sure you have an excellent security suite installed that has good firewall, AV, etc. Be sure that you are not sharing your entire drive by going into Limewire configuration and creating a share folder and using that for all of your downloads instead. Trojans tend to be with video, software, and other downloads more than with music. With a good anti-virus, should scan each file as it's downloaded, accessed, etc.
Don't open any file that looks like it has a weird name. I suggest just using some music subscripton program instead of downloading mp3s off limewire if you are that scared of getting a virus.
Limewire is fine, the legality of downloading depends on the country where you live. Be sure your anti-virus is up to date and avoid .exe files, like programs. If a music file or any file is shown as corrupt don't download it. As long as people have access to your computer they can look and see what's in it unless they need a password to get into it.
turn off uploading



  • face twitching
  • oil pressure sensor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment